On Thursday, Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office. It was his 66th birthday.
The former prince served as UK trade envoy from 2001 to 2011, and the Epstein files appear to show Mountbatten-Windsor forwarding emails with his official work reports to the disgraced financier in 2010 and 2011.
“Following a thorough assessment, we have now opened an investigation into this allegation of misconduct in public office,” Oliver Wright, the assistant chief constable with the Thames Valley Police, said. “It is important that we protect the integrity and objectivity of our investigation as we work with our partners to investigate this alleged offence.”
King Charles released a statement about the arrest on Thursday.
“I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office,” it said. “What now follows is the full, fair, and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.”
“Let me state clearly: the law must take its course,” the king’s statement went on to say. “As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all.”
Police were photographed at Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where Mountbatten-Windsor had been living, as well as his previous residence in Berkshire, on Thursday, carrying out searches of the properties.
The police released Mountbatten-Windsor “under investigation” around 11 hours after his arrest, AP reported. He was photographed leaving the Aylsham Police Station in a car.
Read the full article here















